Manage your ING I-Dentity Card and Reader
Change ING I-Dentity Card PIN
If you want to change your card PIN, please follow these steps:
- Place the ING I-Dentity Card in the reader. ‘Press Login, Sign or Menu’ will appear
- Press ‘MENU’ twice. ‘> Change PIN’ will appear
- Press ‘OK’. ‘Enter PIN’ will appear
- Enter your existing PIN and press ‘OK’. ‘Enter New PIN’ will appear
- Enter your new PIN and press ‘OK’. ‘Confirm New PIN’ will appear
- Confirm your new PIN and press ‘OK’.
- Your PIN has now been changed.
Unblock your ING I-Dentity Card
For security reasons, if you enter an incorrect PIN three times, the card will be blocked. To unblock it, follow these steps:
- Place the ING I-Dentity Card in the card reader. ’Error. PIN blocked’ will appear.
- Press ‘Menu’ repeatedly until the display shows ’Generate unblock PIN’.
- Press ’OK’. ‘Unblock Challenge’ will appear, followed by a numeric code.
- Call your local ING Helpdesk and provide the numeric code; they will provide you with the unlock code in return.
- Make sure you are still on the ‘Unblock Challenge’ screen (if your reader timed-out please repeat the steps above to show the ‘Unblock Challenge’ again).
- Press ‘OK’. ‘Unblock Response’ will appear.
- Enter the unlock code you received from the ING Helpdesk and press ’OK’.
- Now enter a new PIN and press ’OK’.
- Confirm your new PIN and press ’OK’.
- Your card is now ready to be used again.
Expired ING I-Dentity Card
If your current ING I-Dentity Card has expired, you cannot request a new card online. Instead, apply for a new ING I-Dentity Card by contacting your Corporate Administrator or your local ING Helpdesk.
Change ING I-Dentity Reader language settings
The reader supports the Dutch and English languages. To change the language, follow these steps:
- Insert your ING I-Dentity Card into reader.
- Press ‘Menu’ button 3 times until the display shows ‘Set Language’.
- Press ‘OK’ button to switch between the Dutch and English languages.