Deposit Guarantee Scheme
Deposit Guarantee Schemes in the EU guarantee certain deposits held by depositors in a bank that becomes unable to meet its obligations. Depositors may claim reimbursement of their deposits up to EUR 100,000, provided they meet certain conditions.
In general, all private depositors, small businesses and corporates are covered by the Deposit Guarantee Scheme. Most important covered deposits are: payment accounts, savings accounts and (fixed term) deposits. Financial instruments (e.g. options, futures, swaps) are not covered. Please contact us about individual products.
To download the relevant deposit information form, select the country where your account is held:
- Austria: special information
- Belgium: in Dutch / French / English / German
- Czech Republic
- Italy: in Italian / English
- Poland (in Polish, via ingbank.pl)
- Romania (in Romanian, on ing.ro)
- Slovakia (in Slovak)
- Spain (in Spanish and English)
- The Netherlands , including BMG
- United Kingdom
For other relevant EU countries where ING is located information will be provided in due course.